Students must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. There is no minimum GPA requirement for students entering the post-baccalaureate pre-medical Studies program. However, students should be advised that the course work for the pre-medical program is rigorous. Successful candidates should show academic competence. Students admitted to the program will be required to maintain a 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) to continue in the program.
- Students must earn a 3.0 or better in the required and optional courses to be completed within 5 years.
- Students must complete a minimum of 27 credits at Elms College.
- Students must participate in at least one extracurricular program enrichment activity such as: EMT training, CNA training, working in a clinic or hospital, volunteer at a clinic or hospital, independent study in a clinical setting, independent study in a research setting, etc.
- Students are required to have no fewer than 120 hours of the enrichment activity. Students must verify this activity by having the program director send a letter of reference and the completed verification form to the premedical advisor.
- Students are encouraged to gain more than 120 hours of experience in the extracurricular program.
- Students must seek academic advising from the premedical advisor every semester while attending Elms College.
Click here to download a printable application: Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate
Division of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education
Donna Harvey, M.Ed.