Program Admission Requirements
The following are the requirements for admission to the Elms College Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing Program:
- A completed associate, baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
- The conferred degree must be completed by the time of application. Individuals completing a degree after the application deadline (April 1) should consider applying the following year.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. on a 4.0 scale. Students are selected on a competitive basis therefore the GPA required for an actual offer of admission may be higher depending on the applicant pool.
- An essay which describes your reasons for changing your career to Nursing. The essay should include why you are an excellent candidate for the Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing program and how the program will facilitate your career goals.
Required prerequisite courses that must be completed with a minimum grade of C+ by May of the year of admission include:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits includes lab)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits includes lab)
- Microbiology (4 credits includes lab)
- Chemistry ( 4 credits includes lab)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- English (6 credits)
- College Core Courses* that may also be required :
- Art (3 credits)
- History (3 credits)
* for those applying with an Assoicate Degree fulfilling the College Care will require : Art (3 cr) and History (3cr)