Scholarships for Graduate Students
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholarship Program
Deadline: March 31
Award amount: $50,000 (maximum)
- Approximately 30 scholarships will be awarded to seniors and recent graduates planning to attend graduate school for the first time starting this fall
- Each award covers a portion of educational expenses, including tuition, living expenses, required fees, and books for the graduate degree chosen
- The amount and duration of awards vary by student based on the cost of attendance and the length of the graduate program as well as other scholarships or grants received
- Students interested in this scholarship must be nominated by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Faculty Representative at their institution
- For more information, contact the academic dean's office and visit jackkentcookefoundation.org
Big Y Scholarship
Deadline: February 1
Award amount: 300 awards totaling more than $250,000
- Big Y scholarships are available to both traditional and non-traditional students are the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Eligibility: Permanent resident of or attending a school in Central or Western Massachusetts, Norfolk County, MA, or Connecticut with demonstrated academic merit or achievement
- Application materials available in Big Y stores or the Student Financial Aid Services Office, 1st floor Berchmans Hall
The Foundation of the National Student Nurses' Association, Inc. (FNSNA)
Deadline: January 11*
Award amount: $1,000 to $5,000
Eligibility requirements are:
- Current enrollment and matriculation in a state approved nursing program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree; or enrolled in an RN to BSN, RN to MSN, or LPN/LVN to RN program
- Attending classes and taking no less than six (6) credits per semester
- Involved in student nursing organization and/or community health activities
- Document academic achievement
- Establish financial need
- US citizen or Alien with US permanent resident status/Alien Registration Number
For more information or to download an application visit nsna.org click on Foundation/Scholarships
*Students are strongly encouraged to complete and submit their application by December 31.
The Women's Partnership
Deadline: March 31
Award amount: $6,000
This scholarship is for women from the greater Springfield area who are 25 years or older, have had a break in their education, are trying to re-enter the workforce, and have a demonstrated financial need. Applicants must be attending an accredited college or university in Hampden or Hampshire counties. Applications are available by contacting the Community Foundation at (413) 732-2858 or online at communityfoundation.org.
Josephine Karwoski Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: May 1
Award amount: Unspecified
Polish Junior League of MA: Applicants must be of Polish heritage, second year or beyond, permanent resident of Western Massachusetts and have never received a scholarship from the PJL previously.
Josephine Karwoski Memorial Scholarship: Applicants must be female of Polish heritage, enrolled or accepted into a graduate program or returning non-traditional undergraduate student, and a permanent resident of Western Massachusetts.
Selection for both scholarships is based on financial need and academic achievement. To request application materials send a stamped, self-addressed envelope and written request to:
Polish Junior League Scholarship Chairperson
Two Bellows Road
Wilbraham, MA 01095
The Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation, Inc.
Deadline: April 1
Award amount: $1,000
- Applicants must be sophomores or juniors attending a Massachusetts or Vermont college with a high GPA and participate in community service.
- Application materials available in the Student Financial Aid Services office, 1st floor, Berchmans Hall.
Deadline: April 5
Award amount: up to $3,000
Wisdom's Way assists women with limited financial resources in achieving their educational goals. Women enrolled in a community college, an undergraduate college, or professional programs (such as LPN or Women's Small Business Program) may apply to the Wisdom's Way Fund for grants up to $3,000 to pay for items such as books, additional child care, transportation, meals or fees. Grants are not available for graduate study.
The Zonta Club of Springfield
Deadline: May 15
Award amount: $1,000
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A woman, minimum age of 30, who has been a student for at least one year and is studying for an undergraduate degree
- She should be enrolled in at least two classes in the 2006 - 2007 academic year. No special major is required
- Her grade point average should be 2.7 or higher
Alpha Sigma Lambda, Alpha Sigma Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: April 28
Award amount: $1,200
Who may apply? Any student at an institution that has an Alpha Sigma Lambda Chapter and who has achieved the following criteria:
- Completed 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of graded coursework at this institution (not including transfer credits)
- Achieved a grade point average of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at this institution
- Is 24 years of age or older
- Is enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program at this institution
- Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree
Student does not have to be a member of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to apply.
Community College Transfer Scholarship Program
Deadline: February 2
Award amount: $1,000 to $2,500
The Community College Transfer Scholarship Program is designed to assist community college students of Hispanic heritage obtain a bachelor's degree. It is available to community college students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution the following academic year.
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Be enrolled part-time or full-time at a community college
- Have plans to transfer and enroll full-time in a degree-seeking program at a four-year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam the upcoming academic year
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale (or the equivalent)
- Must apply for federal financial aid