Our campus and our programs provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who have a history of and/or documented disabilities. Accommodations must be secured and approved in advance through the Office of Disability Services. The Office of Disability Services mission is to foster academic success, personal responsibility, self advocacy, and leadership while addressing the unique needs and interests of individuals who have registered with the office.
The coordinator of disability services, Anne Marie Smith, is the official contact for faculty and students at Elms College. Services provided by the office include, but are not limited to:
- Developing student accommodation plans
- Assisting students with understanding their learning profiles
- Facilitating students' contact with the Academic Resource Center
- Arranging for alternative text books
- Training for assistive technology
- Arranging for note takers, test proctors, or interpreters
- Referrals for testing
- Assisting with self-advocacy
- Consulting with faculty
- Coordinating with student services including housing, counseling, and health services
The Elms College Office of Disability Services works to ensure that Elms College operates in accordance with federal regulations as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504, and other pertinent regulations.
For event-related accommodations, please call or e-mail at least two weeks in advance.
You can also download our student exam accommodation form.
Office of Disability Services
Anne Marie Smith