Information at Your Fingertips
A Guide for Survival in the Information Jungle
Features| Available Databases | Organizations
Local news stories from a variety of cities in Massachusetts
- Full-text articles and citations can be emailed to your own off-campus address.
- Use "quotation marks" to search for exact phrase.
- Search words can be truncated with an asterisk (*) for multiple characters.
- Search words can be truncated with a question mark (?) for single characters.
- Your search can be limited by using Boolean Operators-and,or,not,W/#, W/PARA..
W/# finds documents where the words are within a number of surrounding words.
W/PARS finds documents where the words are within the same paragraph.
- Leave out commas when using publication dates (ex.: December 23 1999).
- Berkshire Eagle provides full-text coverage for Pittsfield, Massachusetts and Berkshire County, as well as four New York Communities. Coverage: 2005 to present.
- Boston Globe is New England's most important newspaper for regional, national, and international coverage. Coverage: 1980 to present.
- Boston Herald provides full-text content including paid advertisements - syndicated columns excluded. Coverage: 1991 to present.
- BusinessWest (Chicopee) is a full-text bi-weekly business journal for Western Massachusetts. Coverage: 1992 to present.
- Gazette (Haverhill) provides full-text local news for Haverhill, Massachusetts. Coverage: 12/31/92 to 8/9/97
- North Adams Transcript provides full-text news, commentary, obituaries, classifieds, and information on the northern Berkshire region. Coverage: 2005 to present.
- Patriot Ledger (Quincy) provides full-text news from the South Shore. Coverage: 1995 to present.
- Plymouth County Business Review provides full-text business news for Plymouth County and Southeastern Massachusetts. Coverage: 1991 to present.
- Sentinel & Enterprise (Fitchburg) provides full-text coverage of news for Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Coverage: 2005 to present.
- Standard Times (New Bedford) provides full-text local news for New Bedford, Massachusetts. Coverage: 1/4/92 to 8/19/97.
- The Sun (Lowell) provides full-text coverage of Lowell, Massachusetts and the Merrimack Valley. Coverage: 2004 to present.
- Telegram & Gazette (Worcester) provides full-text including paid advertisements, syndicated columns are excluded. Coverage: 1989 to present.
Western Massachusetts Regional Library System
The Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
The Springfield City Library
The Alumnae Library
Interim Reference Librarian
Library Tech Support