Information at Your Fingertips
A Guide for Survival in the Information Jungle
Special Features | Available Databases | Organizations
OCLC First Search Databases Provide
- Art Information
- Business Information
- Conference Proceedings
- Education Information
- Health Information
- Internet Resources
- Legal Information
- Magazine articles
- Religious Studies Information
- Science Information
Special Features And Useful Hints For First Search
- To print: click "Print" on gray bar. Then click "Print" on browser toolbar.
- Full-text articles and citations can be emailed to your own off-campus address.
- Journal Citations not owned by the Elms can be submitted to the Interlibrary Loan Department for retrieval (for Elms Students only).
- Your search can be limited to articles with full-text.
- Search words can be truncated with an asterisk (*).
- Search three databases at the same time.
- Databases may be viewed in English, Spanish, or French.
- ArticleFirst is an index of articles from the contents pages of journals.
- Clase and Periodica indexes documents published in Latin American journals specializing in the social science, humanities, science, and technology.
- Electronic Books (Ebooks) contains all the online electronic books cataloged by OCLC member libraries.
- Electronic Collections OnLine (ECO) gives access to a collection of scholarly journals in a variety of subject areas, all with full-text articles online.
- ERIC provides a centralized website for searching the ERIC bibliographic database of more than 1.1 million citations going back to 1966.
- GPO (Government Publication Office) covers all types of U.S. government documents, including Congressional reports, hearings, debates, and records; judiciary materials; and documents issued by executive departments (Defense, State, Labor, Office of the President, etc.). Bibliographic citations are included in each record.
- Medline covers all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing. The database corresponds to the print indexes, Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature, and International Nursing Index.
- PapersFirst is an index of papers presented at conferences worldwide.
- ProceedingsFirst is an index of worldwide conference proceedings.
- WorldCat provides a list of books, web resources, and other material worldwide that have been cataloged by OCLC member libraries.
- WorldCatDissertations is a database of all dissertations and theses available in WorldCat.
Access Is Made Possible by the Following
OCLC (Online Computer Library Center, Inc.)
The Alumnae Library