Associate Director & Head of Library Technology
Database trials provide temporary access to new electronic resources that are under consideration for a library purchase/subscription.
Please help us evaluate the content and functionality of each resource by filling out our evaluation form. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to help us evaluate these products.
1.PrepSTEP™ is a dynamic online platform that includes, tests, eBooks, and supplemental materials for self-guided study. Resources cover skill-building in English, math, science, workplace skills, careers, occupational licensing exams, basic computer skills, and more. IN ORDER TO ACCESS ALL FEATURES OF THIS RESOURCE YOU MUST LOGIN USING THE FOLLOWING USERNAME AND PASSWORD: The trial ends February 26, 2016.
1. ArtStor Digital library offers instant access to 1.8+ million images and the tools for education and research. Options provided for images include: viewing, printing, downloading, exporting, and saving as an image group. ArtStor has also worked with vendors to provide copyright permission for images to be used in publications. The trial ended June 2, 2015.
2. Shared Shelf is offered through ArtStor and offers Faculty and Staff the opportunity to add their digital collections. These collection will be searchable through the ArtStor Digital Library. Please contact Tony Fonseca for access to this resource. The trial ended June 2, 2015.
3. ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) includes 4,315 full-text, cross-searchable books (both in-print and out-of-print) in the humanities selected by scholars for their continuing importance for research and teaching. 300-500 titles are added every year. The trial ended July 18, 2015.
1. Research Monitor is a business reference database, which provides research on industries, countries and consumers worldwide. It includes key issues influencing the country and business environment, statistics, analysis of industries, market sizes and forecasts, information on leading companies, and global trends. The trial ended March 30, 2014.
2. Humanities and Social Sciences eBooks (Taylor & Francis Group) offers instant access to the world's premier Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Built Environment, STM and Law eBook content — from renowned imprints such as Routledge, Psychology Press and Focal Press. The trial ended May 16, 2014.
We are a Catholic liberal arts college founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Springfield, Massachusetts.