Associate Director & Head of Library Technology
Database trials provide temporary access to new electronic resources that are under consideration for a library purchase/subscription.
Please help us evaluate the content and functionality of each resource by filling out our evaluation form. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to help us evaluate these products.
1.PrepSTEP™ is a dynamic online platform that includes, tests, eBooks, and supplemental materials for self-guided study. Resources cover skill-building in English, math, science, workplace skills, careers, occupational licensing exams, basic computer skills, and more. IN ORDER TO ACCESS ALL FEATURES OF THIS RESOURCE YOU MUST LOGIN USING THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD PROVIDED: The trial ended February 26, 2016.2. Statista provides users with an innovative and intuitive tool for researching quantitative data, statistics and related information. It includes 1 million statistics from over 18,000 sources, over 60,000 topics in 20 multidisciplinary categories and 10,000 studies & reports from third parties. The trial ended February 19, 2016.
3. R2 Digital Library is an eBook platform for health science collections featuring a comprehensive collection of medical, nursing and allied health eBooks. The trial ended April 15, 2016.
4. Salem Press is an eBook platform that covers literature, history, health, and career eBooks. IN ORDER TO ACCESS ALL FEATURES OF THIS RESOURCE YOU MUST LOGIN USING THE REMOTE PASSWORD elms (located on left-hand side). The trial ended April 08, 2016.
1. ArtStor Digital library offers instant access to 1.8+ million images and the tools for education and research. Options provided for images include: viewing, printing, downloading, exporting, and saving as an image group. ArtStor has also worked with vendors to provide copyright permission for images to be used in publications. The trial ended June 2, 2015.
2. Shared Shelf is offered through ArtStor and offers Faculty and Staff the opportunity to add their digital collections. These collection will be searchable through the ArtStor Digital Library. Please contact Tony Fonseca for access to this resource. The trial ended June 2, 2015.
3. ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) includes 4,315 full-text, cross-searchable books (both in-print and out-of-print) in the humanities selected by scholars for their continuing importance for research and teaching. 300-500 titles are added every year. The trial ended July 18, 2015.
We are a Catholic liberal arts college founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Springfield, Massachusetts.