Postbaccalaureate Premedical Studies Certificate Program
Elms College postbaccalaureate premedical studies certificate program enrolls 20-30 students each academic year from across the United States and around the world who have earned a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited college or university. The postbac program serves two populations of students:
- Students who wish to improve their GPAs and prepare for standardized tests
- Students who need to take prerequisite coursework for the first time in preparation for standardized tests and application to medical and other professional health programs
- Academic advising and application preparation are focused on readying students to enter medical school or the health professional school of their choice.
- Plans of study meet the most current premedical prerequisite course requirements.
- Thorough PCAT, DAT, OAT and GRE, and 2015 MCAT preparation.
- Tuition includes 50% subsidization of MCAT (or PCAT, OAT, DAT or GRE) prep course.
- Small class size.
- Fall, spring, and summer enrollment options.
- Highly diverse and international student body representing all states in the U.S. and U.S. territories (such as Guam and Puerto Rico), and countries around the world, including Brazil, Portugal, Turkey, China, Japan, Korea, Nigeria, Ghana, Angola, Spain, Iraq, Poland, and many others.
Elms’ Individualized Approach
Students work with the premed advisor to develop their program — all programs are individualized for the specific student’s needs and the programs to which they are applying.
Students who have already taken premedical prerequisite courses in chemistry can usually earn their certificates in 1 academic year (2 semesters). Students who have not taken prerequisites in chemistry or sufficient biology courses can usually finish the program in 2 academic years (4 semesters).
- Q&As with M.D.s, D.O.s, P.A.s, and Other Healthcare Professionals
- Personal Statement Workshops
- Mock Mini Multiple Interview Sessions
- Mock Traditional Interview Sessions
- Resume Development
- Obtaining Letters of Recommendation
- Application Assistance Forums
- Financial Aid Discussion Sessions
- Students can have a committee letter written on their behalf.
- All courses offer tutoring options that include peer tutors, course tutors.
- 24/7 online tutoring is available.
Elms College post baccalaureate premedical and pre-physician assistant program students who have completed the requirements set out by Marywood University’s PA program, are eligible to apply to the program for an interview. A recommendation letter of endorsement from Elms College premedical advisor is required. Students should contact the premedical advisor for more information.
Elms College is ideally situated in a region populated with many hospitals, medical centers, clinics and other health professional offices offering a variety of job, and volunteering opportunities in nearby research and healthcare facilities.
Postbac premed housing located next to the college campus is available for a limited number of enrolled students on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, contact Dominick Uguccioni at email@example.com.
- Less than $20,000 cost of tuition for 2 academic semesters (30 credits).
- Elms postbacc program provides an onsite MCAT preparatory course that is 50% or less of the cost of any of the retail costs for these courses. along with subsidization of other standardized test preparations, such as the OAT, DAT, GRE and PCAT.
- Summer course offerings offered at a reduced rate (General Chemistry I and II, and Anatomy and Physiology I and II are offered in the summer).
We are currently accepting applications for the summer 2017 and fall 2017 semesters. The application deadline for summer 2017 is May 1, 2017; for fall 2017, the deadline is August 22, 2017. Please be sure to indicate at the top of your application which semester (fall, spring or summer and the year) you plan to begin the program.
We offer rolling admissions: The earlier you apply and (if accepted) enroll, the earlier you will reserve your seat in the upcoming class. Standardized test scores are NOT required for admission. We accept students into our program who have had all, some, or none of the premed prerequisites, and/or who have or have not taken the MCAT or other standardized tests. Also, we accept recommendations from academic and non-academic (supervisors) sources.
Students who have not yet finished their bachelor’s degrees can still be accepted to the program. Send your final transcript indicating bachelor’s degree completion after graduation.
This program is affordable, by the way: Tuition is less than $20,000 for 2 academic semesters, or 30 credits.
Our graduates have reported:
- 100% success rate for PA schools
- 100% success rate for pharmacy schools
- 94% success rate for medical schools
- 93% success rate for veterinary schools
Excel on the MCAT
80% of the 2015-2016 program completion students earned MCAT scores over 508, and 100% of the 2012 program completion students matriculated to medical school.