- Bachelor of Science
- Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing
- RN - BS Programs
- Mount Wachusett CC
- Quinsigamond CC
- Greenfield CC
- Holyoke CC
- Berkshire Health Systems
- Admission Requirements
- Courses and Curriculum
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Certificate in Nursing and Health Services Management or Nursing Education
- MSN Curriculum
- MSN Description
- MSN in Nursing and Health Services Management
- MSN in Nursing Education
- MSN Program Outcomes
- RN - BS - MSN
- RN - MSN
- Term Dates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Expected Graduate Outcomes
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Curriculum Model
- Meet Our DNP Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuition and Fees
- About the School of Nursing
- Nursing News
- School of Nursing
- > Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing
Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing
The Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing program is designed for a highly motivated individual aspiring to a career in nursing. Candidates for this program will hold an associate, baccalaureate, or higher degree in a non-nursing major and complete entry requirements.
The program uses a cohort model where an entering class is maintained as a cohesive group moving through nursing classes together. The program of study is designed for an accelerated pace where students complete a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing in two academic years, plus one intensive summer semester (20 months).
Application deadline for the program is March 15, 2017.
The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is currently undergoing curriculum refinement in order to offer the most contemporary nursing education available to students.
The Admissions Office conducts regular information sessions from August through March. These session are an important part of the process and are designed to answer a majority of the questions you might have about this program. Please call the Admissions Office at 413-592-3189 to register for a session.