CONNECT – Student Registration (MUST be On-Campus)
CONNECT – Faculty/Student Login (off-campus users will be prompted to log in)
CONNECT – Walk-In Access Only (off-campus users will be prompted to log in)
Checkpoint Academic Advantage Essential Audit and Accounting Library is a database that provides information about expert research, guidance, technology, tools, learning and news on tax and accounting.
Checkpoint is a resource available to Business and MBA students ONLY and requires a student account to access the full version of the resource.
Directions for Student Registration
- Use either Chrome or Firefox for best results
- Click on the “Connect – Student Registration” button above or go to https://www.checkpoint-registration.riag.com/schools
NOTE: You must be on campus to create your account. If you are off-campus you will receive an error message and be unable to register.
- Complete the registration form.
NOTE: You must use your campus email address. If you do not your account can be flagged and deleted at any time.
- You will receive an email with your username plus a link within an hour.
- Click the link from the email to login. Your username and password will be the same. Once logged in you will be required to create a new password.
NOTE: Your account will automatically expire on either August 1st or January 1st. You will need to re-register each semester.
- After logging in the first time you will need to access Checkpoint thru a regular login page. Access this page thru one of the following 3 ways:
a. Click the “Connect – Faculty/Student login” button above
b. At the library website under “Find” –> click “Articles & Databases” –> Click on “Checkpoint Academic Advantage Essential Audit and Accounting Library – Faculty/student Login”
c. At your browser go to http://checkpoint.thomsonreuters.com
Checkpoint Functionality Video Tutorials (Thomson Reuter’s YouTube! Channel)
- Brief Introduction to Tax & Accounting (time: 1:05)
- Adding Notes and Highlighting Text (time: 8:05)
- Credits & Incentives Pinpointer – Search by Address (time: 7:17)
- Federal Tax Quick Reference Tables (time: 4:04)
- Find by Citation (time: 6:49)
- Keyword searching – Intuitive Search (time: 10:29)
- Keyword searching – Terms & Connectors (time: 13:03)
- Navigating the U.S. Tax Reporter (time: 6:47)
- Save and Schedule a Search (time: 6:56)
- SECPlus – Search Selected SEC Filings (time: 9:30)
- SECPlus Advanced – SEC Filings Search (time: 8:30)
- SECPlus – Create-a-chart (time: 6:01)
- State & Local – Statute and Reg History (time: 4:56)
- Stay on top of Tax Updates (time: 7:16)
- Tax Research – Checkpoint or Google? (time: 11:27)
- Topical Index (time: 5:32)
- User Guide (PDF)
Producer/Content Provider: Thomson Reuters
Vendor/Electronic Presentation Provider: Thomson Reuters