- Spring semester will begin Jan. 26 and end May 7.
- For students on 8-week academic tracks, the first day of classes will remain as scheduled.
- Surveillance testing will be expanded.
- Classes will be held the week of Spring Break.
- There will be no foreign or domestic travel related to athletics, mission trips, and studying abroad.
- Through the ElmsFlex model, students have the option of taking classes in-person, online, or both.
The safety and health of the entire Elms community is the college’s top priority. Our safety policies include:
- COVID-19 testing for all students, faculty, and staff, prior to returning to campus for the spring semester.
- Completing the Healthy Roster survey daily.
- Practicing social distancing whenever possible.
- Wearing a face covering at all times in accordance with Massachusetts state guidance.
- Self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 every day and contacting the Health Center if you feel ill.
- Maintaining a COVID Testing Response Dashboard.
- The college is currently planning events to recognize the classes of 2020 and 2021.
- Details regarding social distancing and gathering limits are forthcoming, and will be posted to our Commencement website.
- Campus cleaning protocols are following Massachusetts Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer is available at entrances to all buildings, classrooms, and the dining hall. Single-use wipes are available in common areas and restrooms.
- Dining Services is offering increased takeout meal options.
- Residence halls are following new guidelines for social distancing.
- The Student Government Association is offering creative ways to get involved.
- Fall semester began Sept. 2 and ended on Dec. 11.
- All classes switched to remote instruction starting Nov. 30.
- Students had the option to choose to take classes in-person, online, or a combination of both.
- Labs, clinical placements, student teaching, and internships were organized on a case-by-case basis.
- Students in our off-campus programs were informed to check the website of their respective school for more information about plans for the fall.
Information for prospective students
Interested in attending Elms College? We have a variety of ways to experience our beautiful campus virtually. We encourage you to check out our visit page, which includes a virtual tour and information about Instagram Live Q&A sessions.