- Spring semester will begin Jan. 26 and end May 7.
- For students on 8-week academic tracks, the first day of classes will remain as scheduled.
- Surveillance testing will be expanded.
- Classes will be held the week of Spring Break.
- There will be no foreign or domestic travel related to athletics, mission trips, and studying abroad.
- Through the ElmsFlex model, students have the option of taking classes in-person, online, or both.
The safety and health of the entire Elms community is the college’s top priority. Our safety policies include:
- COVID-19 testing for all students, faculty, and staff, prior to returning to campus for the spring semester.
- Completing the Healthy Roster survey daily.
- Practicing social distancing whenever possible.
- Wearing a face covering at all times in accordance with Massachusetts state guidance.
- Self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 every day and contacting the Health Center if you feel ill.
- Maintaining a COVID Testing Response Dashboard.
- The college is currently planning events to recognize the classes of 2020 and 2021.
- Details regarding social distancing and gathering limits are forthcoming, and will be posted to our Commencement website.
- Campus cleaning protocols are following Massachusetts Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer is available at entrances to all buildings, classrooms, and the dining hall. Single-use wipes are available in common areas and restrooms.
- Dining Services is offering increased takeout meal options.
- Residence halls are following new guidelines for social distancing.
- The Student Government Association is offering creative ways to get involved.
- Fall semester began Sept. 2 and will end on Dec. 11.
- All classes will switch to remote instruction starting Nov. 30.
- Students can choose to take classes in-person, online, or a combination of both.
- Labs, clinical placements, student teaching, and internships will be organized on a case-by-case basis.
- Students in our off-campus programs should check the website of their respective school for more information about plans for the fall.
Information for prospective students
Interested in attending Elms College? We have a variety of ways to experience our beautiful campus virtually. We encourage you to check out our visit page, which includes a virtual tour and information about Instagram Live Q&A sessions.