The program enrolls a diverse cohort of 20-30 students who travel from all over the United States and the world to attend each academic year. All students (International students included) that have earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent at an accredited institution are eligible to apply for the program. Tuition includes 50% subsidization of MCAT (or PCAT, OAT, DAT or GRE) prep course., available both online and onsite at Elms College.
Postbaccalaureate premedical program at Elms College admission requirements
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in any discipline from an accredited university or college-either a B.A. or B.S.
Submit completed POSTBACCALAUREATE PREMEDICAL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM APPLICATION and $30 application fee.
Provide a personal statement of intent.
Submit 2 letters of recommendation, from academic and/or supervisors.
Submit transcripts from your undergraduate institution(s).
Students must submit proof that they have earned their baccalaureate degree.
International students ONLY must submit a TOEFL score.
Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program Certificate Requirements
- Students must complete a minimum of 27 credits at Elms College that are designated Premedical prerequisite courses. This can include other courses recommended by professional health programs in biology, chemistry, math, English, philosophy, psychology, sociology, and other areas.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 average for courses taken at Elms College while in the postbaccalaureate premedical program.
- Students cannot withdraw or drop from any course(s) after the add/drop period each semester.
- Students must complete the program within 2 years (for GPA enhancement students) or within 3 years (for career-changing students). Allowances can be made to increase the time allowed for program completion with proof of employment of 10 hours or more per week.
Tuition and fees
- The rates are from summer 1 $323, summer 2 $334
- Fall & Spring $630
- Tuition is subject to change July 1 each calendar year
- There is a one time $1000 program fee
- There is a $20 registration fee
- The Technology fee is $50 per semester
- The fee for laboratories is $50 per lab30 credits (taken during the fall & spring semesters) = $19,900