Prior Learning Assessment
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) at Elm’s College helps the adult learner earn college credits for life and/or work experience.
- Adult learners who are 23 years of age or older
- Matriculated undergraduate students with a minimum of 6 Elms credits
- Grade of C or better in English Composition I
What are PLA options at Elms College?
- Credit by examination: DSST/DANTES, CLEP, AP
- Evaluation of transcript credit institutionally or by the American Council on Education (ACE) for professional, licensure, and training certificates
- Evaluation of CCAF or joint services military transcripts
- Portfolio Assessment (PLA) – document the college-level learning gained through work and other experience
Where to begin…
- Complete PLA099 Introduction to PLA.
- Register for PLA100 Prior Learning Assessment Seminar.
- Create and submit the portfolio(s) for evaluation.