Applicants are required to be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and meet all Elms College admission requirements. Additional credit for nursing core and elective courses can be determined upon transcript review.
Applicants are required to be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and meet the requirements for the RN-BS Program. The following courses are required:
- English: 3 credits
- Life-span human development: 3 credits
- Introduction to Psychology: 3 credits
- Anatomy & Physiology: 8 credits
- Microbiology: 4 credits
- Literature: 3 credits
- History: 3 credits
- Fine/Performing Arts: 3 credits
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic source and from the administrative supervisor in the most recent nursing position.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate programs and graduate level courses.
- Successful completion of a three-credit statistics course with a final grade of C.
- Current resume that includes prior education and work experience.
- Goal statement for graduate study – a one-page essay discussing professional goals and reason for applying to the nursing program.
- Proof of licensure as an RN by the end of the second semester .