Since students in the RN-BS-MSN program first complete the RN-BS coursework, after which point their studies flow right into their MSN program, the admission requirements for the RN-BS-MSN track are the same as those for the RN-BS program.
Applicants are required to be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and meet the requirements for the RN-BS Program. The following courses are required:
- English: 3 credits
- Introduction to Psychology: 3 credits
- Anatomy and Physiology: 8 credits
- Life Span Growth and Development : 3 credits
- Microbiology: 4 credits
- Non-nursing electives: 15 credits
Nursing License Requirements
Applicants must be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic source or from the administrative supervisor in the most recent nursing position.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate programs and graduate level courses.
- Successful completion of a three-credit statistics course with a final grade of at least C+.
- Current resume that includes prior education and work experience.
- Writing sample reflecting applicant’s graduate learning goals and reasons for applying to the graduate program (maximum length 3 pages).
- Proof of licensure as an RN by end of second semester.