Student Leadership Institute
Affirming the Elms College values of faith, community, justice, and excellence, the Student Leadership Institute (SLI) strives to offer all students the opportunity to engage in a variety of experiences that benefit their leadership development.
SLI encourages leadership development by:
- Hosting dynamic workshops and seminars
- Establishing mentoring relationships with faculty, staff and students within the campus community
- Creating opportunities for community service by partnering with local organizations
- Sparking discussions with peers about important personal and social issues
Participants may choose to take part in a series of sessions to earn a certificate, or attend individual sessions for personal enrichment. Areas of focus include:
- Foundations of Leadership
- Personal Development
- Interpersonal Development
- Understanding of Groups, Organizations & Systems
Fall 2018 Programs
Unlock your inner leader and join us for the first four leadership programs of the 2018-2019 academic year:
- Faith: The Leadership of Pope Francis – Wednesday, October 3 – FDR @ 12:30 p.m.
- Excellence: Student Leadership Summit – Thursday, October 4 and Friday, October 5 – times and locations will be emailed in early September
- Community: Interpersonal Competence – Wednesday, October 31 – FDR @ 12:30 p.m.
- Justice: Oxfam Hunger Banquet – Wednesday, November 7 – FDR @ 12:30 p.m.
Most SLI programs require pre-registration. Please pay attention to your email account to receive up-to-date information regarding each event.
Certificate in Values-Based Leadership
The certificate in values-based leadership is awarded to students who complete all eight of the leadership institute programs offered each year. This certificate track is designed for individuals who want to strengthen their leadership by aligning their decisions with the values of faith, community, justice, and excellence.
Sophomore Leadership Program
The Elms College Sophomore Leadership Program is a track designed specifically for students in their sophomore year. Participants in this program will be challenged to develop their leadership skills, and to make a difference in their communities. Through leadership programming, workshops, and activities, students will self-reflect, develop skills, and make changes through action.
Students and facilitators in the program meet approximately once a month. There will be a one day weekend retreat in the fall and three to four evening events throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying for the Sophomore Leadership Program, please email: , or visit the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership.