Candidates for the accelerated second degree in nursing program must hold an associate’s, baccalaureate, or higher degree in a non-nursing major, and must complete admission requirements.
The program uses a cohort model where an entering class is maintained as a cohesive group moving through nursing classes together. The program of study is designed for an accelerated pace, where students complete a bachelor of science degree in nursing in two academic years, plus one intensive summer semester (20 months).
Application deadline for the program is March 15, 2018.
The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The Admissions Office conducts regular information sessions from August through March. These session are an important part of the process and are designed to answer a majority of the questions you might have about this program.
The following are the requirements for admission to the Elms College Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing Program:
- All Materials must be submitted by March 15
- Completed associate, baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) for admission:
- 3.2 GPA for candidates with a baccalaureate or higher degree
- 3.4 GPA for candidates with an associates degree
- Completed Elms Application
- High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement should describe why you are an excellent candidate and how the program will facilitate your career goals.
- Personal Interview ( requested by nursing review committee)
In addition to the required application materials, the following prerequisite courses that must be completed with a minimum grade of “B-”
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits includes lab)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits includes lab)
- Microbiology (4 credits includes lab)
- Chemistry ( 4 credits includes lab)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- English (6 credits)
- Art (3 credits)*
- History (3 credits)*
* required for those applying with an associate degree only.
** Students are not eligible for admission to the Elms College Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program if they have been dismissed for academic or clinical reasons in another nursing program.