Elms campus and programs provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who have a history of and/or documented disabilities. Accommodations must be secured and approved in advance through Student Accommodations and Support Services.
Student Accommodations and Support Services works to foster academic success, personal responsibility, self advocacy, and leadership while addressing the unique needs and interests of individuals who have registered with the office and to ensure that Elms College operates in accordance with federal regulations as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504, and other pertinent regulations.
Services provided by the office include, but are not limited to:
- Developing student accommodation plans
- Assisting students with understanding their learning profiles
- Facilitating students’ contact with the Academic Resource Center
- Arranging for alternative text books
- Training for assistive technology
- Arranging for note takers, test proctors, or interpreters
- Referrals for testing
- Assisting with self-advocacy
- Consulting with faculty
- Coordinating with student services including housing, counseling, and health services
- Event-related accommodations (at least two weeks advance notice requested by phone or email)