Welcome to Student Accommodations and Support Services (SASS) at Elms College
Student Accommodations and Support Services collaborates with and empowers students who have diagnosed disabilities in order to coordinate support services and programs that enable equal access to an education and college life.
SASS works to foster academic success, personal responsibility, self advocacy, and leadership while addressing the unique needs and interests of individuals who have registered with the office and to ensure that Elms College operates in accordance with federal regulations as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504, and other pertinent regulations.
SASS support services include, but are not limited to:
- Developing student accommodation plans
- Facilitating students’ contact with the Academic Resources
- Arranging for alternative text materials
- Arranging and coordinating note takers
- Assisting with self-advocacy
- Consulting with faculty
- Coordinating with student services including housing, counseling, and health services
- Event-related accommodations (at least two weeks advance notice by email)
Students of Elms College who have a disability or might be experiencing difficulties that could be related to a disabling condition should contact the SASS Office to set up a meeting. Students and visitors are welcome to drop in to the office, but appointments are highly recommended. Drop-in hours are on a first-come, first-served basis.