Click here to submit a FERPA Consent Form

Please note you must use your Elms email account and login credentials to access the form.

December 2019 and May 2020 Graduates

Don’t have your diploma yet? For questions on how to obtain your diploma, please email directly for more information.

Coronavirus Academic Information

Requesting a Summer 2020 Satisfactory/Marginally Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/S-/U) Grade:

All Summer 2020 terms end no later than August 22, 2020. Students will have until Monday, August 31 to submit a request to change any or all of their Summer 2020 grades to the S/S-/U option. Please use this GoogleForm link to submit a request:

Spring and Summer 2020 Alternate S/S-/U Grading System

Purpose: During this time of great stress and disruption due to the decision to convert courses to remote instruction precipitated by the coronavirus pandemic, this policy will 1) support students in their ability to continue to make progress in their degree programs and minimize consequences to students facing unprecedented challenges, and 2) promote additional flexibility in course design and implementation for instructors who rapidly moved their courses to remote instruction.

Scope: All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Spring and Summer 2020 classes are eligible for the alternate Satisfactory/Marginally Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grading System, as approved by their specific program.


  • Students in letter (A-F) graded classes will have the option to choose spring 2020 classes to be graded on an alternate Satisfactory/Marginally Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis. Students can choose the alternate grading system on a class-by-class basis.
  • Academic programs have the option to restrict the courses that are eligible for conversion to the alternate grading system.
  • At the end of the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters, faculty will submit letter grades for all students by the formal due dates. The letter grade is manually converted to S, S- or U by the Registrar’s Office for students who have chosen the alternate grading option.
  • The alternate grading system is as follows:
    • A grade of S signifies satisfactory completion of the learning outcomes of the course.
    • A grade of S- signifies marginally satisfactory achievement of learning outcomes.
    • A grade of U signifies unsatisfactory completion of learning outcomes of the course in question and no credits earned. To meet core or major requirements, or to meet prerequisite requirements, the student must retake the course.
    • The grades of S, S-, and U do not impact students’ grade-point averages (GPAs).
  • Equivalency between the traditional grading system and the alternative scheme is:
    • Undergraduate:
      • A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C- = S (Satisfactory)
      • D = S- (Marginally Satisfactory)
      • F = U (Unsatisfactory)
    • Graduate:
      • A, A-, B+, B = S (Satisfactory)
      • B-, C+, C = S- (Marginally Satisfactory)
      • C- or below = U (Unsatisfactory)
  • In addition, for the Spring 2020 semester, due to US Department of Education modified requirements, students will be allowed to withdraw from a class up to the last day of scheduled classes for the particular course(s).
  • Classes graded with the alternate S/S-/U grading system are only eligible to fulfill degree requirements if the grade of Satisfactory (S) or Marginally Satisfactory (S-) is received.
  • The deadline for students to select the Alternate Satisfactory/Marginally Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Grading System is seven (7) days after the official grade submission date for the spring term in which the student is enrolled.
  • If a student takes no action, the grading mode will remain at the default A-F letter grading system.
  • There will be a transcript notation for Spring and Summer 2020 indicating the alternate grading mode option for students, added due to the need to rapidly move to remote instruction.

More details about the alternative grading method, including a lengthy FAQ, can be found on ElmsConnect:

Academic & Admissions Documents

Elms College understands that some applicants (domestic or international) may be unable to obtain or provide official transcripts and other documents from their prior academic institutions due to the impact of COVID-19.

In such cases, applicants should provide Elms College with their complete educational history, beginning with secondary (high) school graduation. They should include all enrollment at any higher education institution(s), whether the institution is currently closed or open, and include the following information for all institutions:

  • Name of the institution(s) in the native language, if not English
  • The location(s)
  • The dates of attendance
  • Name(s) of any degrees, diplomas, or certificates they may have received, in the native language if not English

If applicants have any official documentation in their possession, they can send copies of the documentation to Elms College for review: transcript and diploma or degree certificate in the original language of issue, and English translations if not officially issued in English.

The documents are only acceptable if they are sent by mail unless they can be verified electronically at the source. (Documents sent by email cannot be accepted unless they can be verified electronically at the source, as detection of altered electronic documents is more difficult.)

Applicants must send an explanation to Elms College that gives specifics about the closure of their specific institution. This can be sent by mail, courier or email.

The explanation should include information from official sources that confirms information about the closure or delayed re-opening of their institution specifically, such as URL’s for official online sources (university websites, government decrees, press releases, etc.), copies of any official communications they have received from the institution, etc.

  • Applicants must explain how they acquired the documentation they are planning to send to Elms College. Please provide an explanation as to:
  • How and when you requested the documentation from the institution
  • How and when it was issued to you
  • How and when you received the documentation from the institution
  • Where you were at the time you received it from the institution

Elms College will review student situation on a case-by-case basis and each evaluation of unofficial documents will be considered provisional. Provisional evaluations are valid only until the originating institution is reopened or until it is once again able to issue official student records.

Elms College will require official documentation issued directly by the originating institution as soon as the institution has reopened and is once again able to issue official student records.

Evaluating Transfer Credit

As many schools and colleges decide to move to alternative grading systems (i.e. pass/fail, credit/no credit) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Elms College is fully prepared to accept these changes made by individual schools.

Elms College will award course equivalency credit transfer courses with any Passing or Satisfactory (S/U, S/S-/U, P/U), or other equivalent non-qualitative grade earned for terms impacted, specifically Spring 2020 and Summer 2020, as if the student has earned the minimum standard grade required for transfer under current policy.

In addition, Elms College will accept any Passing or Satisfactory, or other equivalent non-qualitative grade, earned during Spring or Summer 2020, to meet core and major degree requirements.

Some academic programs may have accreditation or licensure restrictions on accepting non-qualitative grades for transfer credit. Please contact the Admissions Office or the specific academic program for requirements.

Understanding that students and applicants are facing a variety of factors in their college’s Pass/Fail grading decisions due to COVID-19, Elms College has a process in place to review all situations and exceptions to incoming transfer credit requirements. Please contact our Admissions staff if you have any questions or concerns about how your credit will be evaluated.

The Office of the Registrar oversees all academic records, the scheduling of courses, the collection of grades from faculty, and helping you graduate.

We’re here and ready to help with almost anything you can imagine, including:

  • registering you for classes
  • distributing the academic calendar
  • sending transcripts
  • adding students to the dean’s list
  • scheduling classes and finals
  • handing out diplomas
  • issuing replacement diplomas (upon written request)

Please note: diplomas originally issued prior to May 1995 will bear the most recent commencement date and signatures of current College officials. The following sentence will appear on the bottom to indicate that it is a replacement, “This diploma is issued in place of one granted (month, date, year).”

Important Forms

Click these links below to download the form. If you don’t have access to the printer, you can always stop by our office to pick one up.

Transcript Information

Print out these forms as needed, and bring completed ones to our office on the first floor of Berchmans Hall.

FERPA and Your Privacy

The registrar’s office is also charged with making sure the college complies with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which ensures that information about your grades and other details stays private and is not shared with anyone with whom you don’t want to share it.

Feel free to contact us with any questions, or just stop into our office on the first floor of Berchmans Hall.