An official transcript is a comprehensive record of your academic progress, including transfer courses, credit for prior learning, and earned degrees. Your name appears on your official transcript as it appears on your Elms College record. Official transcripts include the college seal and signature of the Registrar.
Student academic records are confidential and may be released only with the student’s written authorization and signature, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Official transcripts are not issued for students with outstanding financial obligations or holds on their account.
Please Note: Official transcripts cannot be faxed or emailed to recipients, nor converted into digital format. We are not able to provide scanned PDF transcripts.
Transcripts for College of St. Joseph Students
If you attended the College of St. Joseph, please be sure to note this on the Transcript Request Form. Elms College is the custodian of the official transcript for College of St. Joseph students and alumni. If you have any questions on how to obtain copies of your record, we are more than happy to assist you. Please contact us at 413-265-2314.
Transcript Ordering Options
Mail, Fax, or Email
Please submit a signed transcript request form by email to email@example.com; by fax 413-594-5605; or by mail to Elms College; Office of the Registrar; 291 Springfield Street, Chicopee, MA 01013. All written requests must have the student’s handwritten signature; digital signatures cannot be accepted.
The Registrar’s Office is located on the first floor of Berchmans Hall, and is open Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You must present valid photo ID for the release of transcripts. Once processed, transcripts can be mailed to an address you provide, or they can be held for pick-up. If someone else is picking up your transcript, please provide his/her name on the transcript request form authorizing us to release your documents to them.
Transcript Processing Times
- All signed written requests are processed in the order received within three (3) to five (5) business days.
- Processing time for all orders may be longer during peak times; particularly at the beginning and end of semesters.
- Transcripts are mailed via standard first class with the U.S. Postal Service.
- Once a transcript leaves Elms College, we cannot be responsible for documents not reaching their destination or mishandling during/after delivery.
- Transcripts that do not reach their final destination must be reordered at the requestor’s expense.
- Please Note: Transcripts will not be issued or processed during the weeks of registration and commencement.
Cost and Payment Options
|Mailing to Domestic Addresses||$5.00 per copy|
|In-Person Pick-Up||$5.00 per copy|
|Mailing to International Addresses||$5.00 per copy with an additional fee for Priority international mailing (+$$)*|
*Additional fees may be applicable based on destination. Please call/email for more information on the total cost to mail internationally.
|Expedited/Priority Mail||$5.00 per copy with an additional fee for USPS Priority (+$7.95)**|
**Effective, Monday, February 1st, 2021. Additional fees may be applicable based on destination.
Cash, Checks, or Debit/Credit Cards
- We accept cash, checks made payable to Elms College, and debit/credit cards.
To pay by credit card, you may fill out and return the Credit Card Authorization form to us by email or fax 413-594-5605. You may also call us at 413-265-2314. Upon receipt of payment, your request will be completed. Please be aware that if we do not receive payment, your request may be delayed or cancelled.
- Transcripts can be sent priority delivery. The priority fee is an additional fee for US destinations and for international destinations.
- The priority service expedites the mailing of the transcript and provides tracking information, but does not shorten office processing time.
- Our domestic priority delivery service provider is the United States Postal Service.