Welcome! Yookoso! Bienvenido! Willkommen!
Elms College is honored to welcome students from around the world to our attractive campus located in Massachusetts. International students bring their experiences and global perspectives to join a community of learners that prides itself in educating global citizens.
Applying for International Admission
July 1 for fall semester
November 15 for spring semester
To apply for international admission, submit the following application materials by the appropriate deadline:
- Fill out the Common Application or the Elms Application.
- Submit your official high school transcript or GED/HiSet scores. High school transcripts must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Submit your optional application items, such as your essay, letters of recommendation, or test scores (SAT I or ACT).
- If you are a nursing applicant, you must submit your test scores, essay, and two letters of recommendation.
- Submit proof of English Proficiency: TOEFL iBT OR IELTS.
- Admission requirement: 80 or above TOEFL iBT or 6.5 or above IELTS.
- For admission with English as a Second Language (ESL): 45-79 TOEFL iBT or 5.5- 6.0 IELTS.
Applicants must also submit the following materials:
- Certified Documentation of Financial Support.
- A bank statement with U.S. dollar figures that verifies the student’s, the student’s family, and/or sponsor’s ability to pay the costs required to attend Elms College. The statement should be officially certified and signed by a bank official.
- Copy of the biographic page of your passport.
Additional next steps:
- The I-20 document will be issued by the International Programs Office (IPO) once a student has been admitted and submitted their $200 enrollment deposit.
- Once you receive the I-20 document, you should schedule a visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate to apply for your F-1 Student Visa.
- Pay the I-901 fee and take the receipt to your visa interview with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
- After a successful visa interview, the F-1 Visa will be issued.
- Once you have arrived in the U.S. print a copy of your I-94.
You are required to submit the following medical/immunization forms prior to coming to Elms College: