Campus reopens for the fall 2020 semester
- Fall semester began Sept. 2 and will end on Dec. 11.
- All classes will switch to remote instruction starting Nov. 30.
- Students can choose to take classes in-person, online, or a combination of both.
- Labs, clinical placements, student teaching, and internships will be organized on a case-by-case basis.
- Students in our off-campus programs should check the website of their respective school for more information about plans for the fall.
New safety procedures
The safety and health of the entire Elms community is the college’s top priority. We created a helpful COVID Testing Response Dashboard to keep track of overall health trends on campus. Additionally, we developed safety guidelines that are based on currently available science published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH). New safety policies include the following:
- Practicing social distancing whenever possible.
- Wearing a face mask at all times when social distancing is difficult or not possible.
- Self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 every day and contacting the Health Center if you feel ill.
- Completing a COVID-19 student checklist.
Resources and support networks
- The college created a COVID Testing Response Dashboard to provide at-a-glance information about health trends on campus.
- Elms provided all students, faculty, and staff with a washable cloth face mask.
- All resident students underwent a health screening prior to moving into the residence halls.
- Campus cleaning protocols are following Massachusetts Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer is available at entrances to all buildings, classrooms, and the dining hall. Disposable wipes are available in common areas and restrooms.
- Dining Services is offering increased takeout meal options.
- Residence halls are following new guidelines for social distancing.
- The Student Government Association is offering creative ways to get involved.
Information for prospective students
Interested in attending Elms College? We have a variety of ways to experience our beautiful campus virtually. We encourage you to check out our visit page, which includes a virtual tour and information about Instagram Live Q&A sessions.