Making a Difference in People’s Lives, From Inmates to Ambassadors
Elms College has recognized the need for trained social work professionals for more than 60 years. We have the oldest accredited undergraduate program of its kind in Western Massachusetts, and our program is widely known and respected for graduating outstanding social workers.
We offer both traditional and weekend programs to meet the growing demand for social workers. This provides options for students who work or are in situations that do not permit attendance in the traditional day program.
We offer opportunities for full-time internships, independent research, and presentations at professional conferences. Our students lead and participate in community service programs locally and nationally.
Upon completion of your degree, you are eligible to take the Massachusetts exam to become a licensed social worker. We even offer a preparation course for the exam. The majority of our graduates secure jobs in social work upon — or before — graduation. Many of our graduates choose to continue their education and complete a master’s degree.
Approximately 90% of Elms students who apply to master of social work programs have been granted advanced standing, allowing them to graduate with an MSW in just one calendar year instead of two academic years.
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Oldest accredited undergraduate program in Western Massachusetts
- Includes a 400-hour internship at one of over 60 sites
- Local, national and international social work experiences
- Eligible to sit for the Mass. licensed social worker exam
- Eligible for advanced standing in MSW programs