Elms College offers a complete and dedicated postbaccalaureate pre-physician assistant (PA) program that provides all of the prerequisites needed to apply to physician assistant schools. We’re proud to have a 94% acceptance rate to PA schools when students complete their program requirements and achieve the minimum professional program requirements.
Students who wish to apply to PA programs must have the required coursework and the minimum number of documented patient care hours.
Students will be provided with personalized pre-physician assistant advising meetings and general premedical/pre-PA meetings to address other aspects of their application to physician assistant schools, including: personal statements, interviews, recommendations, applications, and GRE test preparation, among others.
Affiliations and Linkages
Standardized Test Preparation
Elms College offers discounted GRE Test preparation for undergraduate students and subsidized GRE test preparation for postbac pre-PA students.
Documented Patient Care Hours
Students will be advised to attain CNA (certified nurse’s aide), EMT (emergency medical technician) or paramedic training in order to fulfill 500-2000 patient care hours required to apply to most PA programs.
We are a member of the National Association of Advisors of the Health Professions.
Students have matriculated to many Physician Assistant programs in the local area and throughout the United States. Here is a list of some of the schools our students have been accepted to:
- Baypath University Physician Assistant Studies Program, MA
- Florida State University College of Medicine School of Physician Assistant Practice, FL
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Physician Assistant Studies Program, PA
- Pace University Physician Assistant Studies Program, NY
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Studies Program, MA
- University of Bridgeport Physician Assistant Program, CT
- MCPHS Physician Assistant Studies Program, MA
- Tufts University School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program, MA
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Physician Assistant Studies Program, AL
- Westfield State University Physician Assistant Studies Program, MA