At the core of an Elms College education, and the Elms Plus Experience, are high-quality academic programs tied to a strong and distinctive liberal arts experience. To serve the community well, these programs must be accessible to a diversity of students, include in-class and experiential learning opportunities, and, through discipline-specific and liberal experiences, prepare students for 21st century careers.
To expand and enhance academic programs, we will develop and sustain distinctive academic programs of excellence by meeting these objectives:
- Build a robust faculty mentoring and development program, including the needs of diverse faculty.
- Ensure that distinctive elements of an Elms education are incorporated into all academic programming, including internships and other experiential learning, ethical leadership development, innovative and creative thinking, data literacy and research skills.
- Implement a comprehensive plan for the innovative delivery of ElmsFlex programs with a commitment to accessibility for all students.
- Maintain a continued focus on identified academic program priorities:
- Equity in Urban Education
- Global Health
- Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Distinctive ethical leadership programs
- Identify new academic program opportunities
- High impact programs