Scholarships for STEM majors up to $10,000 per year Apply here
The Elms College Elms Stem program, supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation, provides scholarships and programming to students who major in STEM fields and attend Elms College.
First year and transfer students in the majors: Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Computer Information Technology and Security, Chemistry, or Mathematics are invited to apply here.
For Fall 2023 applicants, we will start reviewing applications in April and let applicants know by April 24th, 2023.
To be eligible for the Elms Stem scholarship, you must:
- Be a prospective first year student or transfer student at Elms College with at least 60 credits and less than 90 credits,
- Be a prospective major in Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Computer Information Technology and Security, Chemistry, or Mathematics. This scholarship is not for students who are solely interested in clinical fields such as pre-medical professions or elementary or secondary education.
- Be a citizen or national of the United States, alien admitted as refugee, or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence
- Have FAFSA documented financial need.
- Underrepresented communities in the sciences such as African-American, Latinx, female students, and first-generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Elms Stem scholarship program also provides opportunities such as:
- STEM related campus jobs
- Research opportunities
- STEM internships
- Career lecture series
- Faculty and peer mentoring
- STEM innovation challenge
To apply for the Elms Stem Scholarship:
- First, apply to Elms College as a first year or transfer student: https://www.elms.edu/undergraduate-admission/how-to-apply/
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for financial need (https://fafsa.gov/) for Elms College (school code: 002140).
- Fill out the following scholarship application form for the scholarship: