|MBA per credit tuition||$854||$905|
|MBA Comprehensive Fee (charged once per lifetime)||$538||$538|
|MBA Technology Fee (charged once per semester)||$80||$60|
|Part Time Registration fee (per session)||$20||$20|
Frequently Asked Questions
What concentrations are offered within the MBA program?
There are four concentrations:
- Financial Planning
- Healthcare Leadership
Where do I start the application process?
Can I take classes online?
Classes are structured in a flexible format and may be taken on-campus, online or a combination of both. The online courses must be taken live, during the actual face-to-face session.
When are classes held?
Classes are held one or two nights a week: Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
How long is each session?
Each session is 8 weeks long.
How many sessions are there?
There are 4 sessions in an academic year: Intersession, Spring, Summer, Fall.
How many credit hours is each track of the MBA? And, how long does it take to complete the program?
- Accounting – 30 credits (12 months)
- Financial Planning- 36 credits (24 months with a built in break for the CFP Exam)
- Healthcare Leadership – 36 credits (14 months)
- Management – 36 credits (14 months)
Can I receive financial aid?
Yes, eligible graduate students may apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA at studentaid.gov. The Elms College FAFSA code is: School Code: 002140. Students must be enrolled in at least 3 credits per semester to continue to be eligible for any financial aid offered to them for the semester. Please contact the Financial Aid office at 413-265-2249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Are there any scholarships available?
While Elms College does not offer any specific scholarships for its graduate programs, there are outside scholarships available. Students are encouraged to apply for outside scholarships through reputable scholarship search engines. Outside scholarships can reduce educational borrowing or reduce a student’s remaining balance. All outside scholarship search websites listed below are provided as a courtesy and do not imply an endorsement by Elms College.
- CollegeBoard Scholarship Search
- Western Mass Community Foundation
- Tuition Funding Sources
- Big Y’s Scholarship Program
- Horace Smith Fund Scholarships and Fellowships
Please use caution when applying for outside scholarships to avoid possible scams. See Finaid.org’s Scholarship Scams – if you have to pay money to get money, it’s probably a scam.
Do you accept transfer credits?
Yes. Upon approval from the program director, a maximum of nine (9) credits of coursework from another institution will transfer into the MBA or MS program.
Do you provide assistance to students with VA benefits?
Yes, please follow these steps after being accepted and admitted to Elms College:
- Contact a Department of Veterans Affairs counselor at 1-888-442-4551 to discuss your education benefits.
- Complete the VA’s Application to start using your education benefit: https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office on the first floor of Berchmans Hall or scan a copy to our email address at email@example.com. The VA will mail this Certificate to you once they process your application for benefits.
- Apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Meet with your advisor or program director to register for classes.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions at 413-265-2249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I do not have a business undergraduate degree? Can I still apply to the MBA program?
Yes! Elms College offers two bridge course, Accelerated Business Foundations and Excel Foundations for the MBA. These courses are designed to provide students with the background necessary to “bridge” the gap into a business program. Accelerated Business Foundations is an eleven week course comprised of four business modules: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing and Management. Excel Foundations for the MBA gives the student an introduction to Excel and it’s financial applications to provide a platform of knowledge to enter into the accounting and finance based classes of the MBA program.
When do I need to apply?
We have rolling admission but the deadline is one month prior to the semester starting date.
What do I need to complete my application?
- A signed completed application
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A one page personal goal statement
- Copy of your current resume
- An interview with the director of the master of business administration program
Do you require the GMAT?
No. The GMAT is not a requirement.