The Library Learning Commons, located on the Alumnae Library’s main floor, is a space that stresses collaborative learning, technological access, and low-level technology assistance.
Its open floor plan features –
- Mobile and power-compatible furniture
- A seating capacity of 95
- Movable white boards
- 18 desktop computers
- 10 power compatible chairs, with outlets and USB ports
- 5 adjustable café tables, with table-top outlets
- 3 modular table sets, with table-top outlets
- 3 shared screen stations, with table-top connectivity options
- 2 copying/printing/scanning stations
- 2 large group study/project tables
The Library Learning Commons also offers a “loaner laptop” program. There are 16 laptops available for students to borrow and use in the library (they must be checked out at the main desk; student ID is required). As well, there are VGA and HDMI cables, which can be borrowed for use with the shared screen stations.
The Learning Commons Service Desk is staffed by students during the academic year and is equipped to help answer questions about the space and how to use it effectively, as well as offer some technological assistance (wireless access for students and guests, laptop/desktop issues, copying/printing/scanning, etc.).
Learning Commons Service Desk Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
Friday: 10:00AM – 5:00PM
Should you require an in-person tutorial on any element of the Learning Commons, an appointment can be scheduled by contacting Mike Smith.
Head of Reference/Learning Commons