The Library Learning Commons, located on the Alumnae Library’s main floor, is a space that stresses collaborative learning, technological access, and low-level technology assistance.
Its open floor plan features –
- Mobile and power-compatible furniture
- A seating capacity of 95
- Movable white boards
- 18 desktop computers
- 10 power compatible chairs, with outlets and USB ports
- 5 adjustable café tables, with table-top outlets
- 3 modular table sets, with table-top outlets
- 3 shared screen stations, with table-top connectivity options
- 2 copying/printing/scanning stations
- 2 large group study/project tables
The Library Learning Commons also offers a “loaner laptop” program. There are laptops available for students to borrow and use in the library (they must be checked out at the main desk; student ID is required). As well, there are VGA and HDMI cables, which can be borrowed for use with the shared screen stations.
Should you require an in-person tutorial on any element of the Learning Commons, an appointment can be scheduled by contacting Mike Smith.
Head of Reference/Learning Commons