The School of Nursing and the Division of Business have joined together to offer a dual degree program leading to two separate graduate degrees: a master of science in nursing (MSN) and a master of business administration (MBA).
The program of study for the dual degree allows students to earn the two individual master’s degrees simultaneously. The students are enrolled and taking courses in both programs concurrently, respecting the prerequisites of each program. The dual degree can be completed in 58 credits and in approximately 35 months of full-time study.
Build a Better Foundation
A key component and required prerequisite course in the MSN/MBA dual degree program is the Accelerated Business Foundations course. This course is designed for students who do not have a business background or for students who are interested in a refresher prior to starting their MBA. It offers an overview in accounting, finance, management, marketing, law, and economics.
Admission Requirements: MSN/MBA Dual Degree
Candidates seeking a MSN/MBA must possess a baccalaureate degree in nursing form a nationally accredited school of nursing; undergraduate grade point average of a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; or completion of 6 credits at the graduate level with an average of 3.0 or higher is required.
Nursing Licensure Requirements
Applicants must be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from an academic source and from the administrator or manager in the most recent nursing position.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate programs and graduate level courses.
- Successful completion of a three-credit statistics course with a final grade of at least a C+.
- Current resume that includes prior education and work experience.
- Writing sample reflecting applicant’s graduate learning goals and reasons for applying to the program (maximum length 3 pages). MSN/MBA dual degree candidates are to include professional goals and the reasons for applying to the MBA program.
- Proof of licensure as an RN.
All candidates are required to complete a face-to-face informational interview with the director of nursing graduate studies or member of the graduate faculty prior to consideration for acceptance.
MSN/MBA dual degree candidates must also complete a face-to-face informational interview with the director of the MBA program prior to consideration for acceptance.