Elms College has a rolling admission policy for Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing candidates. This means there’s no deadline, and there’s no application fee.
Requirements for Admission:
- Completed associate, baccalaureate, or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) for admission: 3.2 GPA for candidates with a baccalaureate or higher degree and 3.4 GPA for candidates with an associate degree.
Please submit the following application documents:
- Fill out the Elms Application or the Common Application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Submit proof of high school completion (official transcript or a copy/photo of your diploma or GED).
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- Personal Statement that describes why you are an excellent candidate and how the program will facilitate your career goals.
- Personal interview (if requested by nursing review committee).
In addition to the required application materials, the following prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum grade of “B-“:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits, includes lab)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits, includes lab)
- Microbiology (4 credits, includes lab)
- Chemistry (4 credits, includes lab)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- English (6 credits)*
- Art (3 credits)*
- History (3 credits)*
*Required for those applying with an associate degree only.
Students are not eligible for admission to the Elms College Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing Program if they have been dismissed for academic or clinical reasons, or withdrawn pending such dismissal, from another nursing program.