The following are the requirements for admission to the Elms College Second Degree Accelerated in Nursing Program:
- All materials must be submitted by March 15
- Completed associate, baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) for admission: 3.2 GPA for candidates with a baccalaureate or higher degree
- 3.4 GPA for candidates with an associates degree
- Completed Elms Application
- High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement should describe why you are an excellent candidate and how the program will facilitate your career goals.
- Personal Interview (requested by nursing review committee)
In addition to the required application materials, the following prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum grade of “B-“:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits, includes lab)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits, includes lab)
- Microbiology (4 credits, includes lab)
- Chemistry (4 credits, includes lab)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- English (6 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Art (3 credits)*
- History (3 credits)*
*Required for those applying with an associate degree only.
Students are not eligible for admission to the Elms College Second Degree Accelerated in Nursing Program if they have been dismissed for academic or clinical reasons, or withdrawn pending such dismissal, from another nursing program.