MSN and Certificate Candidates
Candidates seeking a MSN or certificate must possess a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited school of nursing; undergraduate grade point average of a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; or completion of 6 credits at the graduate level with an average of 3.0 or higher is required.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from an academic source and from the administrator or manager in the most recent nursing position.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate programs and graduate level courses.
- Successful completion of a three-credit statistics course with a final grade of at least a C+.
- Current resume that includes prior education and work experience.
- Writing sample reflecting applicant’s graduate learning goals and reasons for applying to the program (maximum length 3 pages). MSN/MBA dual degree candidates are to include professional goals and the reasons for applying to the MBA program.
- Proof of licensure as a RN.
All candidates are required to complete an informational interview with the director of graduate nursing studies or a member of the graduate faculty prior to consideration for acceptance.
MSN/MBA dual degree candidates must also complete an informational interview with the director of the MBA program prior to consideration for acceptance.