To be considered for admission to the Elms College Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, Health Systems Innovation and Leadership (HSIL) track, the ideal candidate will have met the following requirements for entry:
- A Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree from a nationally accredited school of nursing.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete the DNP Application.
- Submit your professional portfolio, which should include a curriculum vitae or resume of professional accomplishments.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended indicating completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing (for Post-Baccalaureate entry), or a master’s degree in nursing (for Post-Masters entry).
- A copy of current Massachusetts licensure as a registered nurse without restrictions.
- Three letters of reference pertaining to the candidate’s academic ability and clinical practice.
- References included with the application packet are to be signed by the endorsers.
- Two letters should address professional competency. One letter should be completed by a current or former supervisor who has had direct knowledge of applicant’s clinical practice in a practice setting. One letter should address the candidate’s personal character.
- Statement of Purpose: (500-700 words in APA format): “My intent in applying to the Elms College Doctor of Nursing Practice program is…”
- A telephone and or in-person interview may be required and will be determined on a case by case basis.
Submission of DNP Application
Please note that the applicant’s signature is required in order for the application to be considered complete. The application and application documents for the DNP program are to be submitted directly to email@example.com or mailed to:
Elms College Graduate Admission
291 Springfield Street
Chicopee, MA 01013