Anyone possessing a valid Elms College ID card as well as any patron 18 years or older may register for an Elms College Library Card.
Responsibilities of Borrowers
Borrowers are responsible for all items charged out on their cards and are responsible for notifying the library of any changes in their mailing address and phone listing.
Loan Periods & Renewals
- Books are checked out for 28 days and are renewable once.
- Federal Documents are checked out for 28 days and are renewable once.
- DVDs are checked out for 7 days and are not renewable.
- Federal and state law collections, journals, and newspapers cannot be checked out.
- Reserve materials are NON-RENEWABLE.
- InterLibrary Loan materials may be renewed; borrowers must contact (413-265-2280).
- The renewal transaction can be done in person at the Circulation Desk or by telephone, a borrower should call 413-265-2280
All items four weeks overdue are considered lost. We calculate bills for these and other lost items based on the replacement cost of the material; we also add a processing fee. We also reserve the right to suspend borrowing privileges. In addition, the Registrar will apply sanctions until the bill is settled. If items are returned undamaged within 60 days of the billing date, we will issue a refund, less processing fee and late charges.