Course Reserves Policy
The library offers an in-house library reserve area behind the Circulation Desk for faculty who want to provide supplementary and/or required readings for their students.
- All materials must be submitted with the completed Course Reserve Form to the Circulation Desk.
- Loan periods for reserve materials are determined by the faculty. The main loan period options are Library Use Only, 1-Day, and 7-Day.
- Faculty may place materials belonging to the library and/or personal copies on reserve. Materials acquired from another library or through our interlibrary loan program cannot be placed on reserve.
- Materials to be placed on reserve should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of student demand.
- Articles found in full-text through one of our electronic databases will be added to the appropriate instructor tab in our reserves LibGuide. If a hard copy is supplied, it will be returned to the department or recycled.
- Photocopied materials or articles not found in full-text will be scanned and added to the appropriate instructor tab in our reserves LibGuide. If a hard copy is supplied, it will be returned to the department or recycled.
- Obtaining copyright permission for reserve copies is the responsibility of the instructor.