Course Reserves Policy
The library offers an in-house library reserve area behind the Circulation Desk for faculty who want to provide supplementary and/or required readings for their students.
- All materials must be physically submitted with the completed Course Reserve Form to the Circulation Desk, including the intended duration of time throughout which the item will be held by the Alumnae Library as a Reserve Item.
- Loan periods for reserve materials are determined by the faculty member placing the item on Reserve with the following limitations:
- Library Use Only (3-hour)
- Faculty may place materials belonging to the library and/or personal copies on Reserve. Materials acquired from another library or through our interlibrary loan program cannot be placed on reserve.
- Materials to be placed on reserve should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of student demand.
- Articles found in full-text through one of our electronic databases will be added to the appropriate instructor tab in our reserves LibGuide. If a hard copy is supplied, it will be recycled unless otherwise instructed.
- Photocopied materials or articles not found in full-text will be scanned and added to the appropriate instructor tab in our Reserves LibGuide after having been delivered or requested by an Elms employee. If a hard copy is supplied, it will be recycled unless otherwise instructed.
- Obtaining copyright permission for reserve copies is the responsibility of the instructor.